Humphree is looking for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join our team. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will play a crucial role in the development and enhancement of control systems for our marine applications. We are constantly improving and evolving our algorithms to better contribute to a more comfortable experience out on the sea. We have several patented solutions that help yachts stay stable.
You will join our software team and focus on developing our algorithm running on our embedded platforms.
Further on you:
You are a person who feels that you have more to deliver and the curiosity and desire to see the results of your designs in real-world applications. You’re always enthusiastic about finding smarter solutions. How about using your engineering skills in a fleet of 25m fast ferries in New York, where our systems save thousands of liters of fuel and make public transportation comfortable for everyday commuters? You appreciate working beyond your area of expertise, contributing to new perspectives, and helping each other to better solutions. The R&D team will grow and that's something you look forward to, building both automatic controls and a team spirit.
- Further development of ship models and simulations to support development of the control system as well as pre-studies at early project stages.
- Design, develop, and implement control systems for marine applications using Matlab and Simulink.
- Optimize and maintain existing control systems to ensure peak performance and reliability.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate control systems into our marine products.
- Perform system testing, validation, and debugging of control software, in rigs and on boats.
- Provide technical support and guidance to colleagues.
- Contribute to the development of new features and functionalities.
- Marine experience is an advantage, but not mandatory.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Control Systems, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in control systems development using Matlab and Simulink.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
- Self-motivated with a passion for technology and innovation.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as C and C++ is a bonus.
- Knowledge of marine systems or marine-related experience is a plus.
Why Humphree? We’re an ambitious team of specialists who not only believe in stable technology at sea, but also in a stable workplace. We regard engagement as a key factor to great results and strive to always make our work inspiring. We’re now about to set off for our greatest adventure as yet and hope to find a colleague and friend in you. Are you our next Control System Engineer? We’ll be happy to meet you! This is a full-time, permanent position that we hope to fill as soon as possible, so don’t wait too long with your application.s